Thursday, March 18, 2010

Apple Magic







Today was a wonderful day, being that it was filled with many adventures and exploration of the entire island (Master Jean says we walked about ten miles). San Pedro is simply glorious, I feel like I am living the dream! The water is so clear and the weather couldn't have been more perfect today. It seems like people really enjoy life here and everyone is always smiling. Belize children are incredibly cute and I just want to hug all of them. I found out that I will be teaching at La Isla Bonita Elementary School with Tess, Natalie, Elizabeth, Brianna and Anna. My student teaching experience here in Belize will be completely different than it was at Forest Hills. At Forest Hills I had 60 students in my fifth grade class. La Isla Bonita has 84 students in the whole school (grades K-8). I am hoping to teach 7th or 8th grade here. I can tell that it's going to be so fun teaching at La Isla Bonita. After touring the schools, Natalie, Tess, Ashlyn and I went back to Pedro's Inn and relaxed before the group dinner. Pedro's Inn is a great little hostel located a little more than a mile away from the elementary school. Natalie will be my roommate for the next 5 weeks and I am super excited about that (we have already been made fun of for having several matching items). At dinner time, the whole group walked to this lovely seafood restaurant. The only food on the menu was seafood. Everyone that knows me knows that I don't eat anything that comes from the ocean. I thought about trying fish for the first time, but I just couldn't do it. The waiter was able to make me a delicious wrap filled with some tasty vegetables, beans and rice. Oh man, Master Jeans just informed me that they played the song "Cheer Up Sleepy Jean" inside Pedro's Bar and sadly I missed it. I am kind of sleepy right now and the Isla Bonita girls have to wake up early to go meet the principal and teachers...so goodnight! Love to everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment