Sunday, March 28, 2010

Everyday is the Best Day Ever







Saturday was the best day ever. Well, everyday is the best day ever. In the morning Anna, Keri, Natalie, and I decided to rent bikes from Pedro’s. It felt amazing to be on a bicycle! The streets are confusing on this island. It’s risky business riding a bike here since there are no traffic lights and only a few stop signs. In the beginning of our bike ride we turned onto streets the wrong way and Belizeans yelled at us. A golf cart almost ran me over several times. After about ten minutes of riding, we finally started to understand the streets and we were cruising around. It was a beautiful day outside, and riding our bikes on the beach was incredible. We rode to the yoga resort, Akbol. The resort is owned by one of my student’s parents. After locking up our bikes, we explored and found a wonderful pool, a trampoline, and hammocks. After spending 2 hours at the resort, we rode our bikes to Pedro’s.

In the afternoon, the bike group rode our bikes around, looking for the earth hour parade. Earth hour happens once a year, and it’s when the whole country shuts off their power for one hour. Students from San Pedro High School were in the parade. Some played instruments and others held candles. I loved riding my Belizean bike and I cried when I had to give it back.


No comments:

Post a Comment