Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crazy Canuks




Sunday was the longest day ever! Anna, Natalie, and I spent most of the day together. We woke up around 8 in the morning and went to George’s kitchen to eat breakfast. I ate some good fruit from the ultimate fruit man. After being here for a little over a week, I feel like I know the island so well. People that live here are starting to recognize everyone in our group. I see my students, other teachers, and the parents of my students around the island. A lot of people know us as the teachers from North Carolina. There was even an article about us in the San Pedro Newspaper, so now more people know what we are doing here.

After breakfast, we relaxed at the pool and then at 1:00 went to Crazy Canucks. Crazy Canucks is an awesome restaurant right on the beach. There, we had a meeting with our two professors and Dan Van Patten. Dan is an amazing drummer and he plays music with his band at restaurants all over the island. Derrick, the extremely talented guitar player is in Dan’s band. Natalie, Anna, and I have decided to make a video on Derrick and his life as a young talented, guitar player in San Pedro. I am really excited about this project and getting to know the people in this band. We hung out at Crazy Canucks for a really long time, talked to the band a lot, and had a great night. It felt like the longest day ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment