Friday, April 23, 2010

This is Heaven

As usual, this past weekend

was filled with new and exciting Belizean adventur

es. On Saturday, Natalie, Tess, Anna, Keri, Brianna, Stephanie

and I decided to go parasailing. I went up in the air with Natalie and enjoyed the breathtaking

views of the island and ocean.

Parasailing is the most relaxing activity and I wish I could have done it for hours. With all its

shades of blue, the

ocean water in Belize is tr

uly spectacular.

On Sunday, the whole group

woke up early and went to Ramon’s Dock to rent scuba diving gear. We piled onto the Seaducer catamaran and sailed to two different locations on the reef. The first spot is called Hol Chan Marine. I was really nervous to get into the water. I finally faced my fear of scuba diving and being surrounded by fish. My first time scuba diving and it was a success! There were so many colorful fish and fascinating sea life. The second spot that we got in the water is called Shark Ray Alley. All I saw at this location were stingrays and nurse sharks. I never got too close to a shark, but the stingrays were all around me. Surprisingly, I stayed in the water for about 25 minutes.

When scuba diving was over, the catamaran sailed for another hour to the island of Caye Caulker. Caye Caulker is the most laid back island in the world. The first thing we did when we arrived at the island was get lunch. Lunch took a really long time, but it was worth it because I ordered chickpea delight, which was a stir-fry of chickpeas, tomatoes, onions, and a lot of spices. After lunch, everyone walked around the island and did some souvenir shopping. The ride home on the Seaducer felt amazing. Lying on the boat, soaking up the sun, and listening to the sound of the waves made me sad that I only have a short time left here.

No comments:

Post a Comment