Sunday, April 11, 2010

Belize Zoo & Traveling to Luxury

This past week was absolutely incredible. I have many stories and pictures to share with everyone. I will show and tell about some of my adventures here. Early Monday morning, the whole group put on their backpacks and walked to Fido’s dock, where we caught the ferry to Belize City. Everyone was ready to leave Pedro’s Inn (especially after 5 days of no water) and begin our week of adventures. When we arrived in Belize City we took a taxi to the bus station. Belize City looked dirty and a lot poorer than San Pedro. All 18 of us piled onto a bus, along with an outrageous amount of other people. I couldn’t believe how many people fit on this bus and as more people got on the hotter it was. I am used to traveling on extremely hot buses and trains, so this wasn’t a problem. I looked out the window the whole drive and became really excited when I saw mountains. At one point, the bus drove through a huge fire and smoke filled the bus.

When we arrived at the Belize zoo, everyone got off the bus and walked around the zoo for about an hour. I felt bad for the animals, especially the jaguar because he was pacing back and fourth and looked frustrated.

After the zoo, we waited around for about 2 hours for a bus to San Ignacio. On the bus ride I fell asleep on an old Belizean man. San Ignacio is a cute little town in the foothills of the Belizean mountains. I love the mountains, so of course I loved San Ignacio. Before heading to the hotel, Anna, Natalie, and I ate lunch in town. The San Ignacio Resort sat right on top of a huge hill. The resort was luxurious! It had a pool, lovely rooms, hammocks, gorgeous views and much more. We walked around the hotel and enjoyed all of the luxuries for the rest of the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment